19.6.08

my job

i was saying to someone the other day about how much i love my job. i get to play with all the coolest technology, i get to listen to some of the best presenters on the planet, i get paid to learn and i get to live the lifestyle of a jet-setter, (although the remuneration doesn't quite reflect this). the biggest disappointment about my job, is the fact that i often don't have time to explore the cities that i travel to. in fact, i often don't get outside at all, apart from moving from the airport to the hotel....... if anyone out there loves their job half as much as i love mine, they are indeed very fortunate.

5 comments:

tdawnw said...

That would be hard...I've never been out west but I've seen enough to know that it would be hard to be stuck indoors while the splendour of the city beckoned from the outside..

Why dont you cut yourself a solid and try to get a few hours of downtime this weekend to go exploring:)

Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

you're lucky, indeed

b-dot said...

@ tdawn : i originally had a couple of days to myself in between events, but clients moved my second event FORWARD by two days.

no biggie, since i finish early on saturday. that gives me time to get out and see the city.

then the client calls, and says he wants to meet on saturday afternoon to go over the details of the event. (like we haven't spent every single one of my spare minutes this past week "going over the details").


sheesh!

tdawnw said...

the client probably thinks you're lonely and have nothing better to do in your downtime except eat cheetos in your hotel room...

it sounds like you need an agent...

I know people...not the kind that cut solids and break knee caps but the kind that make sure you never have to look at brown m&m's or have to deal with micro-managing clients...let me know...I can hook you up...gee...I sound like I'm in the mafia or something:)

digital press said...

so love my job too. so much of it my friends think I am a spoiled worker.enjoy it while it last.