20.1.08

hello again



so a while ago, i came across a diary that i had started to write from over 20 years ago. i have decided to post it here, one week at a time, because i got a big kick out of how naive i was back then.



it needs to be mentioned that i have changed the names of people in here, to save myself from further embarrassment. it should also be noted that i used to be REALLY little in size......





let me know if you think that this diary thing sucks..........





January 15



i really don't know what to write - except that i just got this book yesterday so that's why there isn't anything written up until today.



i guess i will talk about what happened at school.



i think that "NANCY SMITH" is starting to like me. i can tell by the way she keeps looking at me. i hope that one day i will go steady with her (maybe more). well, see you tomorrow.





January 16



today was a real bummer. the guys at school were really rowdy, pulling my hair, throwing me on the typewriters, and kicking me. some day i'll be able to just turn around and belt them.



today i am not so sure if "NANCY" likes me because when she walked down the hall with her friend "CATHY", "CATHY" turned around and saw me behind them, looked back at "NANCY" and she ("CATHY") laughed. so i don't know what either of them said about me, or if they said anything about me at all......





January 17



most of today was boring. you know, re-runs of cartoons, hardly any snow around for us to go tobogganing. about 1pm, dad took us in to newmarket. we went to harvey's for burgers, to the comic wizard for - what else - but comics. we also went to this place called the balloon saloon, where i bought a knife that looked real, (plastic), and had a retractable blade so it looked like i was killing my brother.





January 18



today? same. i went uptown & looked around in some of the stores. i bought 99 cents worth of sugar-free candies, (Eda-candies), batteries for my walkman, which cost me $2.28, (Eveready). sam bought the second edition of a three-issue limited series and that's about it. so for all the days i've written, you can see i lead a pretty dull life.





January 19



i just figured it out. i think our mid-term reports are gonna be out soon because we are having a lot of tests lately.





January 20



you know what really peeves me? is when you can't think of anything to write about. whether it be in a letter or in a diary.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Encore!!! Encore!! Stabbing bastard.

Anonymous said...

I had one of those knives!!

Interesting look into the past Ben. I'm sure if I did the same, it would be the same result. We tend to get more verbose as we age.

But I must say, very insightful. A look at the Ben of yesteryear.

b-dot said...

dave : those knives were awesome. i don't think that i ever got tired of it. i even tried fixing it after it broke.