16.5.07

it ain't easy, being green

so i was messing around with the camera in my phone the other day, and managed to capture a really neat photo of myself. i projected some light on to my face, and switched the camera to "negative" mode, (which is how i take MOST of the photos with my phone), and the result was, to me, pretty impressive. then, while working on a client project, i was messing around with a specific style of dissolve for their logo, and came up with an interesting dissolve technique, and i decided to use the same approach with the photo i captured of myself a couple of days previous. as always, no manipulation of the photo was done after it was stored on my phone. here is what i ended up with........

5 comments:

dickcherry said...

Been taking a few photos of yourself for a change mate?

Ach, I'm just being facetious. In fact, for the artist, the self-portrait is the most telling (and faraway the most accessible) type of character study there is.

dickcherry said...

Forgot to mention: you don't seem to have changed at all these last Eight Long Years. Nice one!

Makes me think: would be cool to hook up in the real world.

b-dot said...

are you HITTING on me??????

Anonymous said...

this, as you calls dissolve technique, looks interesting

Anonymous said...

POW! ZAP! KERPOWEE! ZIPPEROONEE! PHOUWEE! BISH! BOSH! BASH! Your negative gets well and truly obliterated!! I love a bit of destruction me!