27.8.07

hello again!

so i had all these wonderful big ideas about how my next post was going to go. i was going to give this blog a completely new look, and give you guys this awesome video that had interactive embedded controls and hyperlinks built right in to the movie. unfortunately, i couldn't find a video host that would allow that kind of interactivity, and then i just lost my enthusiasm!!! so the video that i have below has some junk in the bottom right corner that look like controls, but i have disabled them in this version, since i could not find a way to allow you to access them. and the blog still looks the same. i am a failure. but i finally figured out the math associated with the manipulation of photos in order to get the results you are about to see. please - let me know what you think in the comments section. i would like to hear from each and every one of you about this. i will even let you post anonymously!! edit : apparently youtube has screwed something up with this movie, and some of the transitions get "stuck" sorry about that...... by the way - i really appreciate your interest in my blog!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the salt and watch images. The tea cup was a good one to start with as it gives an idea of what you are doing. Nice tune too.

Anonymous said...

First time I saw Droste effect when I was a child. I remember it was a boy who was reading a children's magazine on the cover of which there was the same boy reading the same magazine etc. It was amazing for me then and I couldn't forget the impression I had as a child.
And what you've done now is really interesting. Especially I like the cup with 'red' tea (or smth like that, because I saw the video yesterday and I don't remember it exactly). I think the red spot has an optical effect. At least, on me.
Thanks for this post, I really like it.

b-dot said...

thanks to both of you for the comments!

and coral, i am glad that i was able to make you remember something from your childhood.

Anonymous said...

Very cool Ben!!!!